Tuesday, February 7, 2012

11th at Blue Mountain

At Blue Mountain World Cup this weekend, I finished in 11th place. In my first quarter final heat I was up against Marielle Thompson of Canada, Katrin Ofner of Austria and Anastaysa Chertsova of Russia. It was a fight all the way down for second position between myself and Ofner, but in the end she took the lead by a couple of metres an beat me to the line. Thomposon and Ofner ended up finishing first and second in the final, with Katrin Mueller of Switzerland in third. 


(Qualifications)


(Quarter Finals with Thompson of Canada and Ofner of Austria)

There were masses of fans at the race, including plenty of school kids, which was great! They made us feel like superstars!


(Anton Grimus and I enjoying meeting the locals)

I am now on my way home for a 8-day break. Looking forward to getting in the surf, and soaking up the rays! We then head back to Europe for the next World Cup, which is in Germany.