Friday, November 25, 2011

VIS Athlete and Career Education Award

Last night I was awarded the 2011 William Angliss Athlete and Career Education Award at the VIS Awards Night. It was one of five major awards presented last night, including the Award of Excellence which went to Cadel Evans for his outstanding Tour de France win.

I was also awarded the 2011 AIS Tertiary Education Award, which was presented a few weeks ago. This is the second consecutive year I have won this award.

After having completed my university degree this week (Bachelor of Environments, major in Architecture), I am very happy to have been able to juggle both skiing and university. I am planning on starting a Masters of Architecture in the next year, and will continue to train for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games.

I leave for Europe in three days, and have a great feeling about this season. Hopefully I reach the high goals I have set for myself. Will keep you posted! A big thank you again to everyone who reads this blog and has continued to support me over the years.