Friday, November 18, 2011

VIS Ambassador Program

This week I joined the VIS Athlete Ambassadors Program. It is a government initiative run by the Victorian Institute of Sport, designed to inspire young children by sending elite athletes to schools all around Victoria.

This week, along with Olympic snowboarder Stephanie Hickey and archer Christian Williams, we visited Broadford Secondary College as well as Woodend Primary. I spoke about my experiences as an elite athlete, in particular what it was like to compete for Australia at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver. We also talked about goal setting, nutrition, and the ins-and-outs of life as an elite athlete.

I had a great day chatting with the young kids, and look forward to doing another school visit sometime in the near future.

(VIS athletes Steph, Christian and myself at Broadford Secondary College)

(Local Broadford Paper)