Sunday, March 6, 2011

Once again, disappointing 17th!

Hmm... so Meiringen didn't quite go to plan! I finished 17th in qualifications, just 0.2 of a second behind 16th, meaning that I missed out on a spot in finals today. This is the second time I have finished in 17th position on World Cup this season. Not quite what I had in mind after Grindelwald!


The good news is my past two World Cup results has moved me up the overall World Cup rankings. I'm currently sitting in 15th place in the overall standings (of non-injured athletes), meaning that I'm in a good position to qualify for World Cup finals. Only the top 16 girls and 32 guys are invited to compete at finals.


Tomorrow we head to Zurich for three days, then off to Scandinavia. Back to the cold! Switzerland has been beautiful, sunny, blue skies and warm. I'm assuming the weather in Sweden isn't going to be as kind to us! I have one more World Cup in Branas, Sweden, to secure my spot in the top 16 for finals in Voss, Norway.


(Flying high in qualifications, Switzerland)