Friday, January 29, 2010

Celebrating Olympic Qualification in New York City!

I thought yesterday was the best day of my life, but today is even better because it is actually sinking in!

A few hours ago I was officially announced a member of the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympic Team. I have been dreaming about this my entire life, and now that it is actually happening it is almost surreal.


There are too many people to thank in one e-mail who have helped me along this long road. I have had amazing support from so many people (friends, family, coaches, medical team, trainers etc...the list goes on...), and without them this would not have been possible.


Currently I am in New York City for a 5 day break. What a better place to celebrate? I am enjoying being a tourist in a place that is not surrounded by snow and mountains!

My plans up until the Games are up in the air at the moment, but I do know that I will be spending 4 days in Aspen with the family prior to heading to Vancouver. I feel like I have hardly seen them in the past year, given that I've been away for almost 8 of the 12 months! So I think they deserve a few days with me at least; given what they've been through too for the past year. It will be a well earned little vacation; and some time to rest up before what will be the biggest, most amazing and exciting 2 weeks of my life.

I am so proud to be representing Australia in Ski Cross. This is the debuting event at these Olympics, so I will be apart of history to be competing in the world's first ever Ski Cross Olympic event!

Below are some snaps from the Big Apple....

(Enjoying lunch at a classic US diner in the heart of New York)

(Incredible view of the New York City skyline from the top of the Empire State Building)

(A visit to the Guggenheim Museum... One of Frank Lloyd Wright's most famous creations)

(Manhatten cityscape)

(The Statue of Liberty)

(Up close and personal to the Statue of Liberty)

(Times Square)